Family holiday in Duquesa - costa del sol

dk99

Hi

Thinking of hiring an apartment in Duquesa region of spain. Looking to hearf rom anyone who has been to the area. Specifci properties we are looking at or in the Duquesa village , Marina Real & Duqesa Suites/gardens. Has anyone stayed in these are seen them.

Wondering if the area is good for a family holiday.

Tnx

Hi, I stayed in Peurto de la Duquesa last year, yes its a beautiful little town, beach very clean, it was safe, didn't see any trouble over my 10days. I think it was Mar de la Duquesa Apartments that I stayed in. Views from the apartments, the pool, the beach or the MAIN ROAD! We had the main road - very noisy but with the sun out we werent in the aparment that much but the noise and dust were a big issue, be sure that you confirm that you are not renting a property facing road! But the pool in this complex literally backs onto the beach so it was so convenient all the same.

I think you would have to be happy to rent a car, you would need it for little things like going to the supermarket as there is only a small shop in the village, but there are so many beautiful places to see along the coast and inland to Rhonda etc that a car for a week would be well worth it, we would have been lost without one.

Restaurants in Dueqesa were lovely, bars grand too, its kinda sleepy and not much happens after midnight but if you are there with your kids that would probably suit fine! Everyone seems to know everyone, lots of familys that own property in the area seem to holiday together every year, but not intimidating at all.

In my opinion it was the perfect holiday, the slow pace and chilled out factor made me feel like I'd had a holiday from the real world.

Hope this helps, have a nice holiday where ever you end up!

Cheers

Hi I have been to Marina de Casares (about 25 mins walk from Duquesa) 3-4 times and am going again in June. I love the area. You will more than likely need a car as the previous poster has pointed out.

There is so much you could do in terms of day trips if you wanted, depends on whether you just want to stay on the beach/at the pool or go further a field! The English bookshop in Sabinillas organises tours etc. Sabinillas and Duquessa are pretty much the same place now, there is no real break!

Check out http://www.manilvalife.com for the lowdown on local restaurants
etc....

If you need more detailed info let me know!

I agree with all the above - lovely spot, great people, very relaxing - I'd recommend it to anyone

Are there any activities - water parks etc. nearby which would keep younger teenagers happy?

There is a huge range of activites along the Costa del Sol but most (if not all) of the water parks are closer to Malaga. Selwo the animal / adventure park is in Estepona which is very close (10-15 min drive from Duquesa) and is supposed to be very good but the big water parks are about 45-55 mins drive from Duquesa. There are good water sports off the beaches in Duquesa and off the beaches further out the coast towards Sotogrande. There are usually some good winds along the coast so wind and kite surfing are popular