Family Holiday Ideas for active 16 year male

suicra05

I was looking for any family holiday ideas that a sporty 16 year male may enjoy. We have been going to mobile home campsites in Europe for the past few years. My son has now outgrown this type of holiday. We are looking for another type of holiday that he may enjoy. It will be just myself, my wife and himself. His sister is now in her 20's and has outgrown family holidays. I was thinking of a cruise for a week but they seem to be very pricey. All ideas are appreciated.

I second the skiing idea. If it's a summer holiday you're after there are some great activity breaks in the austrian alps which may be suitable. I haven't tried them myself but I like the idea!

I'd have plenty of jobs lined up for him all summer long, he can holiday each weekend if he gets the work done and if drink enters the equation he'd find himself totally grounded with nothing. Sounds tough? Well too bad.

Well since you don’t tell us what he is interested in it is very difficult to suggest something... how about walking something like the Alpine Pass Route or a bike trip along the Rhine or the Danube? Of course that would depend on yourself and the wife being up for it.

skiing in summer time can be a bit hit and miss, not to mention expensive if you need regular access to the high alps.

If he is into languages then the summer camps aimed at teenagers can be a lot of fun. Some of the German camps offer adult classes at the same time, so might be something for the family.

Last edited:
I'd have plenty of jobs lined up for him all summer long, he can holiday each weekend if he gets the work done and if drink enters the equation he'd find himself totally grounded with nothing. Sounds tough? Well too bad.

Missing the point. OP is looking for holiday suggestions not what to do with his son for the summer.

Not missing the point at all I thought. Anyway, seeing as you feel i'm totally missing the point, why not ask him what he'd like. I'm sure he'd be delighted to tell his parents what he'd like to do or maybe he might die from the shock of being asked.

Skiing is a great holiday and probably affordable with one kid although it is not a summer holiday.

Back