Family Holiday - Alicante - Advice Please

M

Mary79

Planning family Holiday (Hubby, 9yr and 1 yr old) to Alicante, flying with Ryanair from Kerry, on the 1st or 2nd week in Oct. Have never been to this part of spain and would love some advice on best area to stay and maybe any accommodation you would recommend. Thanks.

We stayed in Melia Hotel I dont usually like staying in hotels on holidays prefer self catering but I was pleasantly surprised and it became a home from home for us during the week. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay on the level which gave us some extra comforts like the lounge with the coffee on tap all afternoon (a big plus for me) and a place to come back to after dinner and relax with a free drink. We probably made more use of this area than alot of people as unfortunately my Partners back gave up on the day after we arrived so could only move very slowly with alot of pain during our stay It really helped that this hotel was in such a great location as you didn't have to travel far for anything the beach was on our door step and pool was never crowded and it was easy to get a seat near it this could have something to do with the weather as we got alot of mixed weather during the week from sunny hot days to rainy cold ones but used the duller days to go around the shops as every thing is close by to this hotel.
There are so many Restaurants in the area you will be spoilt for choice - I would ask for room on the beach side as I believe the Marina side is noisier.
I will definitely be returning to this hotel again as it was one of my better experiences in hotels and I stay in quite a few due to business the staff were very helpful came up trumps with any request we asked them for and you can't beat the location. A bus from the airport stops just across the road from the hotel.

Thanks very much for your advice. Will check that out

Back