Family Holday

fatboise

Looking for some ideas for a family holiday. We don't want a package holiday and were thinking of maybe camping in France or an apartment in Ibiza. There's 6 of us - 2 adults and 4 girls (9,7,3 & 3)

Any help appreciated

go for one of the camping holidays in France or Spain...I can highly recommend La Sirene south of Carcassonne or Sanguli in Salou.
Book direct with sites and book flights separate. Ryanair fly into Carcassonne or Reus near Salou.

Having been to both places, Sanguli shades it...Spain is much more relaxed...beach on the door step, cheaper to eat out. Food is better, Portaventura up the road and its not full of French people

We have been to a very good camp site in NE Spain, Camping Castell Montgri in l'Estartit. Excellent facilities for families with young kids and some very decent restaurants in the area.

You can fly into Girona with Ryanair (Barcelona too but bit of a drive up).

We used to go on camping holidays in France when we were kids and thoroughly enjoyed them. Think we went with Keycamp and Eurocamp. WOuld also definitely recommend camping as a family holiday.

Why not head for the south west of England?, Cornwall and Devon have some gorgeous beaches and you wouldn't have to worry about packing 4 kids and a collection of stuff onto a Ryanair flight, just get the ferry over from Rosslare or Cork and drive down

We actually got the ferry to France from Rosslare to Cherbourg I think so that is an option too. And I think that is more fun for kids than the flight. You will also have the car available to you for the holiday then for day trips.