Family car to Taxi

• Thread starter familyvalues
  • Start date
F

familyvalues

I am looking to sell my Renault scenic 1.4 2005 as i am about to get my PSV Licence. Can anyone recommend a suitable vehicle to use as a taxi?
I am looking at a wheelchair accessable vehicle!

Transit for wheelchair accessable vehicle,Avensis for a car.

I am looking to sell my Renault scenic 1.4 2005 as i am about to get my PSV Licence. Can anyone recommend a suitable vehicle to use as a taxi?
I am looking at a wheelchair accessable vehicle!

Read something in paper last week about some sort of tax rebate for wheelchair accessible vehicles. Same article had details of new requirements for taxi cars being 9yrs old max (so may all be part of some upcoming legislation)???

Anyway check here for options [broken link removed]

Thats probably why the op is looking for recommendations for a wheelchair Taxi.....cheaper to put on the road.The 9 year rule is hardly relevant,no one is going to start out in a 97/98 vehicle.Familyvalues,have you driven a taxi before? I wouldn't advise starting out in an 8seater/wheelchair vehicle bearing in mind that very little of your work is going to be with disabled people.A car is a lot less stressful

Volvo 850 or S70. Hard to find in diesel, but their combination of load lugging ability and sheer space and comfort is unbeatable. They can be picked up verrrrryyy cheaply now too.

Volvo parts are not particularly cheap and they are not the most reliable either.Reliability is/should be the most important consideration.A car/minibus in the Garage awaiting that elusive part ain't worth a d**n.

Back