family accommodation in Rome

Brigid

Hi, we are going to travel to Rome in August and probably onwards to San Giovanni Rotondo which is South East of Rome. When I say we - I mean, me, my husband and four kids aged 6.5 to 8 months - my mother will also be travelling with us and my sister, her husband and their 3 kids. We will either need to stay in Rome for the night or else start to travel towards San Giovanni and find somewhere to stay. Does anyone know of accommodation which would suit a family. Sister and her family dont have to stay with us but will be looking for something similar. This is just for a stop over so primarily it needs to be clean and relatively accessible either in Rome or on the main road to San Giovanni.

many thanks.

Hi there, try this site http://www.deliciousbaby.com/. Stayed in Rome recently in Hotel Rex, old but great for kids. Great location and they have a playroom kids. The family rooms have TVs, psps and sofa beds... v helpful staff.

We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children and we stayed in Hotel Italia, just off via Nazionale, in January of this yearl. We asked for a family room and got a double bed for us and the kids had a proper single bed each! Heaven. The hotel was very central and reasonably priced. Check out Tripadvisor as I posted a review of our stay there.

If you are a large family it is preferable to choose a holiday apartment. Usually children under 3 are free.
know lots of apartments in Rome offer in less than 30 euros per person.

Back