Falcon Holidays: Fuerteventura Summer 2009

Valheru

Booked two weeks at the end of Aug and got a call yesterday saying that Falcon have an issue with providing flights to Fuerteventura and that they were cancelling my holiday. Not happy at all as we had a great hotel booked at great price.
Has anyone else experienced this?

a lot of posts over on Rollercoaster.ie about this problem ... Falcon seems to be cancelling flights all over the place ... mainly from regional airports.

My flight was from Dublin in the 2nd week of Aug. I would have thought it would be well subscribed.

It might be a commercial decision, they could be guaging the liklihood of full or even 80% booking of that flight comparing year on year's booking at this stage. I don't know for sure as I'm not involved but I imagine many Tour Operators and Charter Airlines will consider cancelling flights and packages this Summer season that are looking like they will run at a loss.

Here is a suggestion that will probably work in your favour to the tune of a few hundred euro.

1. Book the apartments separately yourself.

2. Book your own flights out and back

3. You might need to rent a car.

The lot will probably work out cheaper than your Falcon deal.

Regards

Leper

I was only asking about about holiday prices a few days ago and i was thinking of going to Fuerteventura as well. Also i found out budget travel have cancelled all their flights there as well. As someone said if places arn't booked then they will cancel, i was waiting to try and get the best price possible, as i'm sure lots of others are as well. Very bad luck on your part that you got a good deal and then it was cancelled.

Sorry Samanthajane ...
....it was me, the aged travel agent, on the other thread that last night misinformed you about Budget cancelling F. It was indeed Falcon. My fault. Sorry -shouldn't write messages when tired !

All tour operators are cancelling flights and its a bloody drag for the travel agents who inform clients, get the flack and try to find alternatives. However, can't blame the tour ops either - if few people are booking a certain destination- as was the case with Falcon and Fuerteventura then it would be commercial suicide to go ahead with empty flights on the decreasing chance that it'll quickly fill at profitable prices.

And now, with a promised end-March Budget more people in the Republic will be hold back on booking holidays (buying cars, houses, every damn thing).

Anyway sorry for confusion re Fuerteventura cancellation.

Back