Fakro windows - Anyone have them?

Muffinb

Looking at these for extension roof as they were mentioned further down on a post the other day. Has anyone actually got them installedand what quality are they, Husband is not keen as one person on that post said they were not recommended but I thought I better ask for other opinions.

Looking at the centre pivot type roof windows.
Seem significantly cheaper then Velux but is this becasiue of market Velux have or is it because they are not good???

Anyone any comments??

Thanks

I have four Fakro roof windows in an extension I had built six years ago and I have had no problems with them.

We used fakro windows in our attic conversion after using velux in our kitchen extension. No difference at all in terms of quality, only slight difference in design. We are more than happy with them. HTH!

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence in them , they are alot cheaper and seems velux have the market sewn up!! Supposedly Chadwicks have the rights to sell them so every builder knows and uses them for that reason that they are supplied by them.

I think Ill give the under dog a go..

Thanks
Muffinb

I got fakro windows in when we got an extension late last year we also have Velux in the Attic. As said previously they are the same quality as Velux but designed a little different.

Velux were the first to market and are the current market leaders charging a premium over other brands. I'd use Fakro again, they are just as good as the Velux

Thanks to everyone, Have contacted the suppliers in Bray and am getting quotes, they do a triple glazed roof window so will prob go for that, very nice selection of sizes and nice blinds to go with them, Iroko are the building suppliers in Bray for anyone interested by the way.

Much cheaper from what I can tell.

Muffin

We had some installed last week and we're delighted with them. When I came home and saw them I panicked as they I hadn't heard of them (I only told the builder the size window I wanted). Did some research (a quick scan of their website was enough) and was happy enough then. Very high quality gear.

Hey there Dickvandyke,

Delighted to hear you are happy. Just curious did you get the Double glazed option?? Where did your builder get them fron I wonder??
They do a triple glazed version of the centre pivot one but its much dearer.
Have checked their brochure and web page and the U value says 0.5W/m"k which seems great but have just been told by supplier that U value is 0.94 ad the FTP ( double glazed one) says 1.0 but again have been told its 1.4, is there some reaon that they might vary, I rememebr vaguely something about the glass being one value and then the whole window unit being slightly different in my search for insulation info
Anyone shed any light on this confusion??

Thanks

I assume mine are double glazed as the builder supplied them and I doubt if he would have upgraded me to triple out of the good of his heart!

Know nothing about their U value ratings!

There is also a company called either keystone or keylite that have roof windows. They don't seem to have as big a range as velux but certainly are cheaper and quality seems good.

Back