Faded Dashboard,

J

jackaViper

Anyone know of the best product available that will allow me to restore or at a minimum improve my dashboard. It's been faded to an off looking grey black colour.

Have heard that the products used for shining up tyres can be used for this.

Any comments?

Also, the car has no cigarette lighter, it's a Peugeot 106 Mk 1.
How costly is the lighter unit?
I would primarily be looking to use it for a hands free kit, which leads me to ask if I'd be better off just hooking the kit into the centre console directly?

You could try "Back to Black" on the plastic parts. you will get his from any motor factors.. Another product is from Autoglym and is a plastic re-conditioner. its very good but pricey enough (€10-€15 roughly)

It's not worth retro fitting a cigarette lighter.

Wire it onto a postive feed wherever handiest.

Be sure to cover the inside of your windscreen with masking tape and newspaper before using Back to Black or any other aerosol type product. Ditto for the steering wheel. The stuff is silicon-based and it's very difficult to remove afterwards...

go for the Auto Glym, I use all their producta and find them to be the best. The dash may take a few deep cleans with the conditioner. But its mainly damaged form the UV rays and cannot be brought back to its original state. The silicon based stuff I find will build up over time and can get messy.