facebook,operation aborted keeps flashing on screen and closing it down.why??

thedaras

Hi, Each time I get on to the facebook site,the following happens.

I log on and then a smaller screen comes up and says operation aborted..I have to either click ok or x out of it ,which then shuts the page down,and then internet explorer cannot be display the webpage comes up,even though I have other tabs open with the internet active..

Am puzzled as to why this is happening,by the way,I can see my page,behind the smaller screen.

Has this happened to you?
How did you sort it?
Cheers

Sounds like virus or spyware - Have you checked your own machine recently? Can you get your FAcebook settings page to see if any unexpected FB applications are running?

It periodically happens me as well, my pc is fully up to date with anti virus etc...

Usually when it happens I just re-enter the URL and it goes in fine the second time.

Clear your cache & cookies. Also, it might help if you have as few as possible other applications open at the same time as Facebook, as it eats memory.

I've had quite a few script issues recently on Facebook and other similar sites when using Internet Explorer. Try using Google Chrome or Firefox browsers and see are you still getting the errors. I'm using Minefield now and all is well again.

make sure that your not using IE6 also. Its well worth upgrading to 7 if you can. 8 is still a bit flaky so 7 is the one for now I think