Face coverings to be mandatory in shops

I just heard a case of a customer, a teacher, in a shop , wearing his face mask, when two men came in not wearing any. There was a notice in the window saying , no mask,no entry. He suggested to them that they should be wearing their masks only to be told in no uncertain terms to f..k off and they hoped that he got Covid, he said.. A confrontation took place between them . A female identified herself as an off duty garda . She ignored the two men and told him to stop arguing or leave the shop. He asked her to prove that she was a garda but she told him that she was off duty and did not have identification on her. He asked her to confront the two guys who were smirking at him but she ignored them. He asked to talk to a manager but no one was available . She left the shop and someone who observed what was going on told him that she was a garda. The shop assistants said that they stopped asking people to wear masks because of the abuse that they were getting.
So much for a notice in a shop window and no following up on it , the shopkeeper owner not the staff.
So much for been a customer trying to do the right thing.
So much for the garda .
So much for people not bothering to wear face masks and getting away with it.
What's surprising about that is that it's not surprising. The Garda in question should lose their job. I presume there was CCTV in the shop. A complain to the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission should be the next step by the mask wearing teacher... except that the teacher probably doesn't want to face months or years of low level intimidation by the Gardai.

This is another example of rules and guidelines been implemented but nobody to enforce them.
By the sound of that man I would not be surprised if he follows up on this and he should.

The Garda in question should lose their job. I presume there was CCTV in the shop. A complain to the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission should be the next step by the mask wearing teacher...

Yeah, a Garda identifying themselves as such giving orders and then refusing to provide their identity isn't acceptable.

Back