Fabric Samples/Interior Design

scubee

Started a one year interior design course. Can anyone give tips on how to obtain samples of fabric, wallpaper, tiles etc. It can be hard to get your hands on some for assignments/projects. Any hints?

Hi scubee,

Hickeys used to give out samples if you explained that you were goin' decorating your house. Duffys also AFAIK.

Wigoders, maybe Woodies or others should be able to help with the wallpaper.

Most tile companies used to provide a sample also if you explained as above.

BTW is this of any interest. Best of luck with the studies.

scubee said:
Started a one year interior design course. Can anyone give tips on how to obtain samples of fabric, wallpaper, tiles etc. It can be hard to get your hands on some for assignments/projects. Any hints?
Hi Scubee,
A friend of my changed her career path last year and is now setting up her own interior design company. I am at the moment doing up my house and she offered to help for a small fee (petrol expenses etc) She found a new company recently set up in Kimmage that provide Wallpaper sample books, for interior designers. I could not believe the ranges available. Once you decided on a paper the company in Kimmage ring the supplier (usually in UK) and order it in. I believe they give a trade discount. If this is what you are looking for I can try and get the address for you.

Laura Ashley also give out fabric samples. They didn't have samples in the shop of two of the fabrics I liked but they took my name and address and posted it to me. They arrived around a week later.

Back