Extra TV points

Green

I have standard NTL cable service and want to have TV in bedroom. I have an existing cable which gives me RTE1/2/Tv3..but i assume I'm going to have to get NTL to put in a box there to get the rest...any other ways round this...just frustrated at having to spend another half day waiting for NTL to call or not call as I recently experienced..thanks..

You ll need to pay for another NTL box. If you want to watch the same channel on both TVs you could get a splitter to put on cable from box to tv how will you change channel though??

If you are at all handy, you can buy a kit in any of the big hardware stores to allow you to install extra points yourself. It would cost about €50 tops I imagine. Basically, it will entail plugging the existing cable into a little yoke called a splitter - one lead goes in, but you can run two leads out of it. One of these leads then goes back into your TV in the living room, the other you run up to the bedroom. In the bedroom, you then put the end of the wire into a socket that goes on the wall, into which you will plug the wire from the back of the TV in the bedroom.

That is all NTL will do for you anyway. The advantage of doing it yourself is that you will not have to pay a monthly fee to NTL for the rental of an extra TV point (which you also have to pay them to install).

Re the above message from Meathman:
If it is just a standard NTL cable package, you can watch the same or different channels on each TV at the same time (unlike satellite)

As far as I recall, ntl decided to do these additional connections at a relatively nominal amount. If you have a digital service you can then 'mirror' what's on your first digi box on an extra box for a fiver a month I think.....It's pretty good value I reckon !