Extra printer for laptop.

lyonsie

My sister has bought a laptop and was wondering if I had any ideas about where she might get a printer for it.

They have a printer with their desktop but she would like something light/small for the laptop rather than plugging and unplugging form the desktop every time she wishes to print.

Any ideas, any bargains out there.

I have a HP Wireless Printer, great for laptops (which I have).

I stuck the printer on a bookcase in my bedroom, and can just click and it'll print it off. No wires. I bought mine in Currys.

Oh and I wrote a bargain alert on it, because it was on offer.

you can get a spliter device for her current printer so both the pc and laptop can use the one printer. (type would depend on the port connections of the current printer, ie usb or parellel)

Thanks, that would be great. Will keep my eye on any of the adverts in the weekend papers too.

Have a look in Tescos, I've recently seen wireless printers (lexmark) for 40 euro and printer/copier/scanners (again lexmark) for 80 euro. I've had a colour lexmark printer for several years now (not wireless), it cost me 40 euro and works a treat!

Wish I'd seen this reply before now.... just back from Tesco.....
Will be there again though and on the look out for one of these. I know 40euro won't break her bank. Was thinking of laptop for myself, so may as well get myself one also.

You need to look at how much you print vs the cost of the ink, and the cost of a printer.

I print very little, so a cheap printer with high ink costs is fine. If you were doing a lot of printing, then you'd have to look for some thing with low ink costs.