Extra NTL wireless cable for bedroom?

SlurrySlump

I have NTL cable running in to my house. I want to be able to receive NTL cable in a bedroom without the need for running a wire from downstairs up through the wall and in to the bedroom. Is there some sort of transmittor and receiver wireless connection that will allow me to do this?

Yes, you can use a Satellite/Video Sender. Plug the sender in to the back of your NTL Box via scart lead and the receiver via scart lead in to the TV in your bedroom. You can get them in any TV shop, Argos Catalogue, Maplins and Lidl do them from time to time.

Will this work from a downstairs NTL connection to an upstairs bedroom?i.e. where there is considerable distance between the sets.

It should do. I have used it myself in 2 different bungalows and literally sent the signal from one end of the house to the other. There is a small aerial coming out of them to pick up the signal, just twiddle them about until you get a reception.

No, you are just sending the signal from one tv to another so you can only see the one channel from your NTL box. You can however change channels with your NTL remote using this box from your bedroom but if you flick to E4 in your bedroom, you'll have E4 showing on the other tv also.

Why not get ntl to run a new feed from outside the house into your bedroom thereby getting rid of the need to run one from downstairs ? You can then get a second stb mirroring everything that's on your main box for approx €5 per month and have full multi room viewing !

r2d2

At present I have two downstairs NTL cable connections and one NTL cable connection in a bedroom. Unfortunately it is in the wrong bedroom.

If I get one of the TV transmittors could I attach it to the unwanted TV outlet in the upstairs bedroom and transmit it to the other bedroom. Say BBC to BBC.

In the meantime be watching UTV downstairs.

Hi Slurryslump, that would work perfectly but I'm sure you could also go up in to your attic and just run the cable from the unused bedroom in to the one that you want the connection in and attach your ntl box there.

You can ask NTL to move the connection from one room to the other. I think they charge a once off fee of €50.

I have NTL in my living room but I also want it in the bedroom. I have spare coaxial cable, splitters and connectors etc and was wondering if it would be possible to make it work in the bedroom using these accessories? If yes how because i've tried all I can think of, if not, what would be the best suggestion? Thanx

Ste

Has anyone tried this before. I was hoping to get NTL to all the bedrooms in the house.

It's possible, but the usual problem is the connections. The cable connection is a different type to the standard coax jack. You'll need to find the right SMA connector:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMA_connector

Most hardware shops sell them.

i've done this, I split the incoming cable using a splitter. Unfortunately though, the signal (analogue) is very poor and unless you have a digi box on the end, the quality is unacceptable. I also think that this has caused the sound problems I am experiencing at the moment and posted about elsewhere.