External wooden door

stobear

I noticed on the wooden door on my house a possible problem. The doors consists of a glass frame at the top and a wooden panel at the bottem, the bottom panel seems to be collecting moisture where this panel meets the surrounding frame of the door. Sorry for the non techie terms, trying best to be describe the problem. It looks as though there is no seal where this thinner panel meets the rest of the door and its stained which suggests moisture.

Should I be attemtped to seal this myself (and how) or should i have the builder back, he is still on site, the house is over a year old.

Thanks

the panel should be set in place with a sealant, trying to seal it yourself will probably not work, is a painted or a stained/varnished door? correct application of paint/stain/varnish should form a seal at the joint of the panel and frame, i would suggest getting the builders painter back to properly paint or coat the door to provide adequate durability, putting a mastic seal along the joint will not work and will be very unsightly.

Back