External harddrive

Shaz

Hi, I keep all photos and videos on my laptop and require extra hard drive particularly when trying to make movies etc. Could you please recommend an external hard drive. See loads in PC World but don't know which is a good, reliable one.

Thanks.

I know Lidl and Aldi were doing cheap ones last week...other than that Komplett and Pixmania are very competitive...the WD ones in Pixmania are nice looking and good value..

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

maplins and petes had a deal for a 320bg external hd for 150 euro..in case the lidl ones sell out too fast!

aldi have a 400gb one this week for 219. 2x320gbs for 300e would seem like a better deal.
Ive got a maxtor 300gb from peats and 2 gericom 250gbs out of aldi. Maxtor would seem like a better brand but has crashed twice on me in the 2 years I have it. luckily I had backups. the gericoms have been filled and formatted several times and never give any trouble so theyve got my vote. Make sure to format them with if theyre not already. Maxtor said my disk crashed because it was FAT32.
"why do you ship them with FAT32, if its unstable?"
"Some customers prefer FAT32".
"Nice".

Yeah WD are shipped as FAT32 aswell, why anyone wants it like that, I dont know. Reformated mine straight away and its working great every since (touch wood!)

Back