extension that does not require planning permission: can someone still object?

holaquetal

Hello,
we are considering building an extension, which would fall under the requirements of the one where permission is not needed:
- it will be 40m2 overall (20m2 at basement level, 10m2 at ground level and 10m2 at 1st level).
- The ground and 1st level's extension will be 2 meters away from both boundaries (neighbor to the left and neighbor to the right)
- the height of the extension will not exceed the current height of the house
- we will still have 25m2 of the garden left after the extension is in place
- windows facing the back of our property, so not facing the neighbors.
- neighbors on one side already have an extension in place for the same length, but not the same height (only basement and ground level).

Questions:
- shall we still make a public announcement of the extension plans?
- can a neighbor still object the extension, can this objection be successful (meaning we'll have to change something)?
- the neighbors have built their extension (which is older than 15 years) over the boundary, grabbing about half meter. I understand after having read the threads here that there is a very little chance to claim this land back, however, what are the implications here for the 2m distance rule?

many thanks in advance!

And no-one can object if your extension meets the requirements for exemption from planning. If it doesn't then they can notify the planning enforcement department of your local authority.
It would be common courtesy to notify your neighbours in person of your intentions but do not phrase this as a consultation.
However, I would get a professional opinion that what your planning is exempt as what you're describing is not as far as I am aware.

Hello,
we are considering building an extension, which would fall under the requirements of the one where permission is not needed:
- it will be 40m2 overall (20m2 at basement level, 10m2 at ground level and 10m2 at 1st level).
- The ground and 1st level's extension will be 2 meters away from both boundaries (neighbor to the left and neighbor to the right)
- the height of the extension will not exceed the current height of the house
- we will still have 25m2 of the garden left after the extension is in place
- windows facing the back of our property, so not facing the neighbors.
- neighbors on one side already have an extension in place for the same length, but not the same height (only basement and ground level).

Questions:
- shall we still make a public announcement of the extension plans?
- can a neighbor still object the extension, can this objection be successful (meaning we'll have to change something)?
- the neighbors have built their extension (which is older than 15 years) over the boundary, grabbing about half meter. I understand after having read the threads here that there is a very little chance to claim this land back, however, what are the implications here for the 2m distance rule?

many thanks in advance!

that wont be planning exempt unfortunately.

Back