Extending Drive way-planning permission?

procus

Hi , we are in the process of cobblelocking our front garden. Just looking for quotes at the moment , was out in tobermore on sat and looks good.
My question is do we need planning permission to move /extend the drive entrance e.g just move the pillars up a few feet. We dont intend on changing the dish on the road.

Thanks for your help

just move the pillars up a few feet. We dont intend on changing the dish on the road.
When you say "move the pillars up a few feet" I take it you mean moving the position of them up the street/road slightly and if this was the case then technically you need permission.

hi thanks for the replies, the pilars are in the garden but the entrance to the existng driveway is very narrow , so really we would be only moving the pilar up to make the entrance to the driveway bigger. i didn't think we would need planning permission, so i guess if we need to apply for planning permission we would be better widening the dish also, subject to planning permission that is.
thanks again

Again its purely a technical issue. You are not moving the location or position of the entrance but merely making an increase in the width. If it was only up to an extra metre I wouldnt bother unless you need to widen the dish in which case you will have to show that you have permission.