Extending and Renovating

angela59

Hi,

I'm based in the southeast of the country and would like advise regarding ball park prices of the following.

Convert existing attic space up there is approximatey 490 sq foot - we want to use this for playroom and hope to have a snooker table there also - not sure if this is feasible regarding weight load etc. Floor semi-solid wooden floor but with good acoustics under floorboards. We would also have to include for stairs up to attic.

replace all floors upstairs with hardwood wooden floors in the bedrooms and hallway this area is about 1200 sq feet and would like to allow for insulation under the floorboards and the best way to achieve good acoustic barrier. Skirting, arcatrave and doors need to be replaced because original floors are coming up.

Extension to rear of house of about 400 sq foot - straight forward enough. Add on a lean to garage - the base wall for the side and rear of garage already in place.

Replace existing windows in house with wood grain PVC there are 12 windows in house 2 of these are large bow shaped bay windows spaning 8 feet in length to 5ft in height and one in the bedrooms about 8 feet in length and 4 feet in height.

Knocking an internal wall to connect utility into kitchen, and replacing 8 doors downstairs. I will be replacing the kithcen but that is a personal choice on what to spend.

I would appreciate a ball park figure on any of the items above to get a vague idea of where we are going with cost.

Any help is well appreciated.

Angela59

Last edited:
knocking down the house would be cheaper!

converting attic about 60euro per sq foot

floors upstairs - 40euro approx per sq m for floor & 25 euro to lay

skirting about 3-4 euro per linear metre to fix, doors

extension to rear of house will cost you ballpark of 50k - straightforward job

garage size? could be anywhere from 60-90 euro per sq foot depending on if its going to be a thrown up garage or something that could possibly be used as a habitable space in future.

wood grain upvc don't waste your money!!

knocking internal wall and making good, about 1k

8 internal doors - 90 euro to hang - oak door - 220 euro

just ask a couple of builders to quote for you.