extend.ie - how was your experience

streamer

Hi folks,

My husband and I are meeting a guy from Extend.ie next week. We're doing a 200 foot extension to our house. We bought it a couple of months ago and as well as the extension the existing part of the house (1000 sq feet) needs to be renovated. So a reasonably big job. I decided to see if there was any mention of them on AAM and came across a few posts but not from anyone at the other end of the experience.

Is there anyone who has used them and if yes, what's been your experience. Did using their design, contruction and project management serivce mean a lot less hassle for you? Did the budget they prepared turn out to be accurate, have they stuck to the timetable, have they been pleasant to deal with? Are you happy with the finished job?

I know that extend will offer to give me details of other clients to ask for references but, maybe cynically, I always worry that they'll cherry pick the ones that went well.

Thanks in advance for any notes you can provide.

We are using extend.
Yes the design was good and they are very pleasant to deal with, to date everything has been on time, but we are not using their project management service. The architect ball park figure was totally inaccurate but they send the drawings out to a QS whose costs were similar to builders quotes to date (including those we got independent of extend). Have pmd you further details

Any further comments on this firm now that it's up and running a little longer?

I'm looking to put an extension on a 3 bed semi d in South Dublin. Saw Extend.ie at the Ideal Homes expo on Sat. The pics of their work on their website looks impressive to me. Can anyone comment on actual dealing with this company. I'm looking for someone to change the layout of the existing 1000 sq feet and a 2 storey extension (each floor would be 167 sq feet)

Hi Freddie,

There's a very dated thread here from 2006 with some good and some bad experiences.