Explore.co.uk - Has anyone used them?

Kiddo

We are thinking of booking one of their tours for next year and I am looking for some feedback on what they are like to deal with, quality of the guides, accommodation etc.:)

I know of people who have used them and found them to be very good in general.

If it's of any help to you, I'm just back from a trek in the Nepalese Himalayas, my second visit there, and my second time using a similar company, Exodus ( www.exodus.co.uk ). I can definitely recommend them: their attention to detail is amazing, they have excellent guides, employ experienced local staff and treat them very well, good accommodation, good camping equipment, and go well beyond the call of duty to ensure you have a memorable holiday. You can book them online, or through Abbey Travel.

Yes I have travelled to Peru and Libya using Explore. I found them excellent. Good literature, dossiers, advice. maps, even a free massive Kit bag. I booked thru their Irish agents Maxwell Travel, Hawkins street who are very helpful.

Yes I have travelled to Peru and Libya using Explore. I found them excellent. Good literature, dossiers, advice. maps, even a free massive Kit bag. I booked thru their Irish agents Maxwell Travel, Hawkins street who are very helpful.
!!!

As I recall, the people in Maxwell Travel really are nice, but I can't recommend them - they used to be the agents for Exodus (and I echo the recommendation for Exodus, btw), but managed to book us the wrong flights home so we got stuck in Cairo for an additional day after the rest of our tour group left. Exodus were fantastic and sorted out the mess for us - by the time we all realised what had happened it was too late to change our flights, but they sorted out an additional night's accommodation and our airport transfers. Exodus's Irish agents are now Abbey Travel.

Back