Expired Passport

Passports last 10 years so the expiry date is not the sort of thing that you would be aware of.
In my past experience I have found the passport office to be excellent.

Passports last 10 years so the expiry date is not the sort of thing that you would be aware of.

Agreed it happened to me this year as well, but lucky for me I have a Swiss one as well and the expiry dates are staggered

this facility is available Steiner.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=81861

When my son was born 16 years ago I had to have him put on my passport, so this meant a new passport for me. By the time mine expired (after 10 years) minors could get their own passports, so both my son and I got our new seperate passports.

The year before last, about 2 weeks before we were supposed to fly out I was flicking through everything making sure it was in order, when I checked my passport to make sure it was in order, i assumed his was too (as we had gotten ours together), alas I forgot, or actually I don't think I knew/realised that while mine was for 10 years, his was only for 5 years.

I realised 3 days before we flew and again it was down to chance as we were comparing the photos on the passports and the expiry year caught my eye.

I nearly dropped!! I immediately went into the PP office and had the passport in time, they were great, it was an expensive mistake to make all the same.