Experience with interactiveinvestor.ie

goosebump

I used to have an online brokerage account with TD Waterhouse (tdwaterhouse.ie) which I was always very happy with.

At some stage, possibly due to TDW selling their Irish operation, this has morphed into interactiveinvestor.ie, which appears to be an Irish invocation of the UK service of the same name.

The service appears to be very slip shod. I wanted to buy some US shares, so had to complete a W-8BEN. When you try to do this online, you given the following message:

"Please note: On selecting this for the first time you will be presented with an error screen. Please return in 15 minutes where your account will be updated and the W8BEN can be completed."

That doesn't inspire much confidence given that I'm letting these people manage my funds.

It gets worse. When you progress beyond this, you're directed to a login screen, even when you are already logged in. Normally, you login with your account number and select 3 digits from your password, like BOI 365 Online. However, in this case, you're asked for your full password, which would seem to suggest that the 3-digit mechanism is compromised. I didn't try it.

On the same page, you're asked to called a number in the UK for support, which is listed as:

+44 (0)800 xxx xxxx (ie there are actual xxxxx's printed on the page)

There are also grammatical errors in various texts, and when you click on the Help link, you get another error.

I tried calling their support line but couldn't get through. This knocked my confidence even further, as the automated message prompted me to go to tdwaterhouse ie for online help (that url doesn't exist anymore).

The whole thing looks like it was put together by a transition year student. I'm going to play it safe and shut down my account. These people don't appear to have masters systems management, so I'm not going to let them manage my money.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/gallery/gYBFW

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 11.43.57.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 11.43.57.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 11.55.32.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 145
I am quite happy with interactive investor so far. TD was impeccable but II is inheriting the work and despite a few small adjustments that I didn't like much everything seems to be flowing fine at present...

Last time I renewed that form was electronically via TD before it became II. I'll let you know when I'll have to resubmit...