Experian classifications

BillK

Found an interesting website last night which could provide amusement to others.

Check out spatial-literacy

The primary purpose of the site is to provide profiles based on surnames and gives density of surnames by area in the UK. It gives data for 1881 and compares it to 1998; gives the category of surname (in my case, Celtic; Irish; unclassified) and then provides a "mosaic type".

Follow the links on the site and you will get a description of the sociology and environment of the largest grouping of people with that surname. (This mosaic is produced by Experion which is one of the big two credit rating companies in the UK.)

According to mine we are Welfare Borderline Type F39: Dignified Dependancy, living in social housing and spending a higher than average proportion of our "meagre household income" on alcohol, tobacco, betting and playing the lottery.

I found it hilarious.

Please note the on posting in the appropriate forum. I had to move this thread from the Banking, Borrowing and Credit Cards forum.

I have time now to clarify my original post.

I put the post where I did because it provided a mass of information that has been developed and used by Experian, one of the two major credit rating companies in the UK. I don't know whether the company operates in Ireland.

What I found amusing was the fact that, as far as I am concerned, the mosaic data is totally wrong.
I put my wife's maiden name in and got a similar result to my own.
When I passed on the information to my brother-in-law he howled.
I should point out that he is a retired architect with houses in Jersey, Switzerland and the South of France (he also keeps his boat in France).
His daughter is an architect and his son is a barrister.

I find the data funny, but it was not sent in as a joke and should not have been moved.

Back