Existing Mortgage customer BOI

plenny

Hi

I'm an existing customer with BOI mortgages on a variable rate of 4.35%. My LTV is greater than 75%. I rang them and they said I could fix for 2 years at 4% which would save me around €45 a month. Just wondering what I should do. Does anyone think they might drop the variable rate for existing customers and is this why the fixed is slightly lower than the current variable figure.

On another note got a bit of a shock when my Jan repayment to notice that my TRS was slashed by €150. Was sure that it must have been a mistake but I'm now in year 8 of my mortgage and it seems that the ceiling for a single person is now €3000. Means my net mortgage repayment has essentially risen by €150. Hadn't known that was going to happen. Will obviously make things tighter. That change has made me want to seriously consider this fixed rate from BOI.

No, you should not fix.

There is a price war under way. If you fix, you won't be able to participate in it.

Brendan

No, you should not fix.

There is a price war under way. If you fix, you won't be able to participate in it.

Brendan
Thanks for that. Was thinking along the same lines as the fixed is less than the variable so I'll hold off. Just starting to look at this forum now, will be a regular visitor from now on.

Back