executor question

lorr01

hi i hav a question regarding an excetor of a will, and would be glad if anybody could help. my uncle died and left no will ok. so the money he has left behind is going to my aunt (he sister) and 6 of my brothers and sisters, (benificeries). now as my aunt (he sister) she is excetor of the estate. now what is her role in dispersing the monies please and does she pay the solicitor fees out of her share or what!!. she is talking about giving some money to a nice old woman down the road from my uncle because she was nice to him before he did!!. has she a right to take it out of the whole estate or does she have to get written permission or verbal permission of my siblings(benificeries) before she takes this cash out for this old woman. or can she just take it out and say nothing to us until she has given us what we are entitlied to and then it to late for us to say"we didnt know that woman why give her anything" just saying now.thanks in advance

Re: excecutor question

If your uncle left no will then your aunt is the administratrix of his estate. All debts including legal fees will be subtracted from the gross estate before determining the share each of you will receive. She cannot willy nilly decide to give gifts from the estate to people who are not, under law, entitled. She has a duty of care to ensure that your shares are not diminished in any way. Does she know she does not have your agreement to do this? If not, perhaps you should put it in writing to the solicitor dealing with the estate.

thanks for getting back to me so fast. im just curious as my aunt(administrix) told all of my brothers and sisters(benificeries) that there was no will made, and when he died my aunt went to his house and took all he back details, off shore accounts details and anythig else got to do with his money.

maybe he had a will left in the house also..as he was a very clever man. would it be possible for my aunt to have tore it up and said nothing to anybody about finding it. this aunt is very sneaky!!.what would be the procedure on this ans has she any right to do this. she was the only one in his house after he died.

she just told us that she was giving this lady down the road some money out of the estate. she didint care if we said yes or no!! she just told us..

should we also as benificeries be getting correspondance from the solicitor dealing with the estate as well as the administratrix getting some??

It's possible she tore up a will. Will you ever know? The only thing you could do is contact whatever solicitor he might have used during his lifetime and see if they made a will for him.

As for whether you should be getting correspondence- no, not really- just you should confirm your pps numbers to the solicitor acting and whether you had any prior gifts or inheritances. After that you may not hear anything until it's time to distribute the estate.

Certainly your aunt is not entitled to pay part of your share to anyone else and this can be challenged.

there WILL be difficulties with offshore accounts, it is a given WILL not a MAYBE or MIGHT.

Back