Executor Bank A/c , not online!

pjq

I opened an Executor Bank A/c at Bank of Ireland, but they explained that I could not view balances or carry out transactions online. Is this the case with all Irish Banks?
I ask the question because it is a nightmare to get phone updates on the account via their "customer service" , 8- 10 mins to reach an agent and then they struggle to verify that I am the Executor, even though I know detail of latest transactions etc etc
In addition, it took 4 mths to open the account (possibly covid?), I had many unanswered emails and phone messages, plus they sent me from Billy to Jack between bereavement, customer service and the local branch.
I hope never to have to be Executor again, but maybe somebody else will benefit with advice on where to bank.

I opened an Executor Bank A/c at Bank of Ireland, but they explained that I could not view balances or carry out transactions online. Is this the case with all Irish Banks?
Possibly. I've an executor's a/c with permanentTSB and also it is not online. I get a statement once a year and have to visit the bank to make transfers, etc. But you will be maintaining a spreadsheet of your transactions anyway?

But you will be maintaining a spreadsheet of your transactions anyway?
Indeed, but I want to know that CAT payments go through before today's deadline, and that 2 promised transfers have happened.

Back