Exchange Rates - Euro Sterling

i hear frequently that the gb pound is overvalued
that may be but you can buy as much with the pound in uk as the equivalent in euros in ireland
ok maybe euros will buy more in continental europe
and do people think the pound is going to fall in value against the euro if it is overvalued and if so why hasnt it done so already
the uk gov still controls interest rates so it could stay "overvalued" indefinitely if it suits

Pegasus I've just opened an account with XE.com to convert £stg to €uro this week. Theres a link from their website.

I have not used the process as yet and have no connection to them.

acannydoitji, how did you get on with this?

In buttercrane today i got 148 euro to £100 sterling, a few weeks ago i had got 147 i think it was higher last week but cannot be sure,so when is the euro going to bottom out,maybe now is the time to buy euro,s

Hi Pegaus - initiated exchange one week ago, from barclays UK to XE account in UK. As of this morning the funds had still not been received. WIll speak with barclays & see what light they can throw on the situation.

I've used XE for euro to dollar trades several times & the service was always great. Phone them if you've got a problem or question - they're uberpolite Canadians.

how much does it cost generally speaking for that xe.com money change.

I went through their demo and I know they charge me 15 euro for the wire transfer. does anyone know how much it costs to wire the money from an aib account (euro) and then does ulster bank sterling account charge money for receiving a wire?