Excess Baggage

jprender

Airlines charge a huge amount now for anyone who has excess baggage from dublin. I came across this company at the airport who saved me a fortune. the company is called "The Excess Baggage company". Remember them the next time the airlines want you to cough up.

For Example, travelling to South Africa, the airline wanted me to pay EUR52 per kilo over my 20kg allowance !!!

This company sorted me out for about EUR12 per kg. My bags were just a day behind me and I simply had to go to the airport to pick them up.

I don't like this bit though - who's to say what the airline who have transported your luggage will charge you:
"Please note some airlines may charge a nominal fee for handling at the destination airport."

Very true. I believe that they can not be more specific because it can vary from country to country. It cost me the equivalent of EUR20 to collect my bags in Joburg. This was charged by the Handling company who physically handle the cargo at the other end. To be fair to the guys at Dublin, they did inform me of this too.

It was still WAY cheaper than what I would have had to pay the airline directly. In fact I can afford to pay for another two airfares with the difference !!! I really cant fault the service and would have no problem recommending users to them.

Slightly off topic, but would be interested in opinions.

Am considering a camping holiday in Europe next year; want to fly and hire a car as a) ferry prices to take car are a) mad and b) prefer to drive a local car as it's easier.

So would it be possible to 'send on' the camping gear and collect at the airport?

Any ideas?

Back