EXCEL query

TarfHead

There's an EXCEL document doing the rounds in work, tracking progress in a Premiership prediction competition (Last Man Standing). In short, people were asked to pick a team, in each of 7 weeks, that would win their match in that week.

The first tab contains a list of names (Column A) and the teams selected in each of the next 7 columns.

The second tab contains a list (one column per week) of teams that have failed to win.

There is some formula or macro or something that changes the colour of cells in the first tab, based on data in a column in the second tab.

For example, e.g. Portsmouth didn't win in Week 1, so anyone who had nominated that as their choice for week 1 is eliminated from the competition and the cells containing their name and selections are now coloured red, based on the existence of the same value 'Portsmouth' in column A of the second tab.

I'm intrigued to know how this works. Anyone here know how ?

I'd say conditional formatting has been used to implement that. Google it there's loads of info on the web.

I guess it's the conditional formatting tool. I don't use it myself but I've seen it used and it sounds similar.

Back