Excel chart formatting

M

mcullen

When I select "Format Chart Area" on some of my charts, one of the options it allows is to edit Properties of that chart. It is not allowed on some other charts, and I don't know why.

These porperties allow you to specify whether objects within a chart can be "moved with cell" or not - I am investigating this as a solution to a problem I have been having for a while, namely that the objects I place in charts move from where I originally place them.

BTW, I am using Excel 2000 on Windows XP.

When I select "Format Chart Area" on some of my charts, one of the options it allows is to edit Properties of that chart. It is not allowed on some other charts, and I don't know why.

These porperties allow you to specify whether objects within a chart can be "moved with cell" or not - I am investigating this as a solution to a problem I have been having for a while, namely that the objects I place in charts move from where I originally place them.

BTW, I am using Excel 2000 on Windows XP.

The Format Chart Area option seems to be available for all chart types on Excel 2002 (Excel XP) - I tested it by adding a Chart and changing the Chart Type repeatedly and the Format Chart Area option was available for them all.

Have you considered upgrading? After all, Excel 2000 is now two versions old... :)

Back