Ex works charges

levelpar

Hi , Saw a new car listed as €14,745 on dealers web site. When I inquired about trading in ,I was quoted €15,705 for the car new which was €960 more than the listed price. The explanation I got was. "its €250 for metallic and €600 for delivery" so I guess the balance of €110 must be "related charges". Can anyone tell me why delivery and related charges (€710) are so high or is it that there is another rip off here

I guess it depends on the brand .. Toyota will quote you price on the road, no mess with ex-works...
Metallic paint is extra.

710 is a bit steep...normally about 500-550

I guess it depends on the brand .. Toyota will quote you price on the road, no mess with ex-works...
Metallic paint is extra.
Not accordiong to their website...their charges are ex-works too

710 is a bit steep...normally about 500-550

Not accordiong to their website...their charges are ex-works too

That's on toyota.ie, importers website. They want to leave some leeway to the garages.
Just bought a new Toyota few months ago. Price lists i got from dealers when shopping around were all inclusive of charges, e.g price on the road. And including a €40 fill which i discovered when collecting the car..

so the price lists you get at the dealers have prices highr than on the website?

It says on the website anyway that prices are ex-works. I'm sure the price list at the dealers has to state if its inclusive or not so its 6 of 1........

so the price lists you get at the dealers have prices highr than on the website?

From my experience, that's correct.
www.toyota.ie €33,750
Dealer price list €34,200 (BTW all 3 dealers i visited had the exact same price list!!!)

so dealers include €450 delivery charges if you want.

But bottom line is that dealer price lists (at least for the one i contacted) is "on the road".

Forgive my ignorance (I have never bought a new car and probably never will) but what is this €450 delivery charge for? Is it for the garage to deliver the car to your front door? – I could collect it myself. Is it for collection from the boat in Roslare or wherever? – I could still collect it myself for less than €450. Has anybody ever enquired what this Delivery charge is actually for and can you avoid paying it?

BB

..it's to increase their profit margin...

Not sure what "works" really includes, but at a guess, i would say transport from National Delivery Centre to garage, dewax&clean the car, check & top up levels, ....
Anyway, there is no way around it as far i know...