Ever had a NDE? Near Death Experience?

.......this seems to be the most appropriate section. If you have had one, let us know about it lads....if not well one could be..

But seriously...

BM

Ok, I'll push out the potentially liabelous one so....Ger Loughnane will organising Near Death Experiences for ye all unless I get some decent ansers to my thread!!

*hangs up phone*

BM

Actually, yes. Twice in my life I have believed that my death was immenent. (Car crashes). Both times, as soon as I realised the crash was inevitable and I could do nothing to to prevent it, and I'd been through the Oh no! I don't want to die! thoughts, I got a weird sense of peace and of acceptance. After it happened once I thought it was a fluke, but after the second, I thought it may be an instinct.
It made me a lot more comfortable about the thought of my own extinction (I don't believe in any kind of afterlife) and I think the same thing has happened to other people, which makes it easier for me when through something dramatic happening(on the news etc), I imagine the last monents of anybody dying violently.

Interesting, check out this

Intelligent design is an other thing you might want to look at http://skepdic.com/intelligentdesign.html

Glad you survived the crashes...

BM