Ever get stuck in a lift?

I found the tube in London was almost as bad as being stuck in a lift! Sooo claustrophobic!

I cant ever imagine myself even contemplating going into the London tubes.

I haven`t left Ireland in 6 years I`m so bad at travelling. Planes, boats, anything that will confine me if I cant control it, as such, then it`ll upset me and start a panic.

Began years ago when I got stuck in a toilet

Have you tried any therapies - hypnosis etc...? (you probably have, Im interested if any of these things do work).

Can you do anything like get sleeping tablets off your GP to use while travelling?

Back when I was 16 I worked as an industrial cleaner in the early morning before school 3 times a week. I had an agreement with the supervisor that allowed me enough time to get changed and walk to school. The hours were 5:30 to 8:30. Anyway, one morning I spent one of those hours in a stuck lift, pressing the help button. Eventually the security guard came along and let me out. I still got paid for my time (£3 an hour!), so I didn't mind. The supervisor later told me that the guard was sure I was underage to be working there.

Have you tried any therapies - hypnosis etc...? (you probably have, Im interested if any of these things do work).

Can you do anything like get sleeping tablets off your GP to use while travelling?

Have tried therapy of different kinds. Mr SS has promised if we come into money we`re going to fly paul mc kenna over to me. We checked his website and its states he no longer does one to one

Tablets are a short-term fix. If i was to fly out somewhere i`d spend my time acticipating the journey home. This happened 6 years ago in spain. It was the worst week of my life. i honestly felt completely trapped on holidays. The apartment block was locked at night (for obvious reassons) and I knew i`d have to go in search of the night porter if I wanted to get out. Then i was imaging that he might have taken himself off for a snooze somewhere. horrific

Never stuck in a lift but rarely use them. If I was stuck I'd open the inner doors as it's likely that the doors to the level above or below would be accessible, open those and climb out.

I got stuck in one a few weeks ago. There was 8 of us and it said max 8 people so we all got in although it was a bit of a squeeze being a small apt lift but we were in a hurry as off to the airport and on the 9th floor so didn't want to spend the time taking two trips.

So we got the overload message about 5 seconds after we pressed the button and had moved about 2 feet up.

We spent the next 35 minutes calculating that we were definitely under the 640kg weight limit! Luckily my mate had the no of the lift maintenence guy as it wasn't unusual for the lift to be broken... it was unusual for him to be in it while it was broken though!

After that it was 9 floors of stairs we weren't taking any chances!