event security

tailgunner

Hello.can someone please advise if gate security at concerts , football matches etc need official Garda vetting before body frisking and bag searching.Contacted Garda Hq who said it was a grey area.Thank u

I think the issue is that you would most certainly have to consent to the search.
If you did not, then they could reasonably refuse entry.
But they could not force this as it would be a Trespass On Person etc

Thanks for reply.i have no problem with being searched but have these high vis bedecked security staff been vetted by The Garda for criminal records etc....

Yes. They have been. To work security they must have a valid PSA licence which requires Garda vetting to obtain. They should have their orange ID cards on view when working.

Thanks for reply Time.encountered situation recently....asked Garda Sgt nearby for clarity.advised me to contact Garda Hq.

Thanks for reply Time.encountered situation recently....asked Garda Sgt nearby for clarity.advised me to contact Garda Hq.
In fairness, it's not really down to every Garda on the street to know the licencing details of every kind of staff member that's involved in public events.

In fairness, it's not really down to every Garda on the street to know the licencing details of every kind of staff member that's involved in public events.

Yes but they should know if a licence is required (as outlined by Time).

Back