Evening Dresses

Miranda

I have to buy a Debs dress shortly and was thinking of ordering one tailor made online. In many of the web sites the dresses look fantastic and promise to be exact copies of designer gowns at a fraction of the cost.
I have a budget of c. 150 euros max.
Having looked at a few reviews however, it would appear most of them are made in Hong Kong, are dodgy and don't live up to the buyers expectations as they look cheap and badly finished and it seems impossible to get a refund.
Has anyone had any experience of ordering online or are there any reasonably priced outlets in Dublin?
Thanks.

TK Maax. Fab dresses, really good prices. Take a look before you go the Hong Kong route.

Darth.

Would agree, sister got dresses made in Thailand for bridesmaids, disaster and ended up paying around 200 each when postage duty etc was paid, supposed to be Ted Baker copies, poorly finished, bad fit even though exact measuremets given etc. The dress bar in Cork (no connection) rent amazing dresses. Well they look great on FB anyway for around 100 I think & I'm sure there are many other similar shops around the country. You really need to try a dress on imo.

Like Silvergirl says, a friend of mine years ago ordered dresses in from Vietnam nam and ended up paying about 300 euro duty before customs would release them - wasn't worth it.

I agree with Darth - fab dresses in TK Maxx, and there's no substitute for being able to try on a dress and be sure, especially for an occasion like a debs, you don't want to have the idea of a perfect dress in your head but then it arrives and doesn't fit well or isn't comfortable or whatever

there's a shop called samia in roselawn sc/blanch/castleknock - lots of dresses for 50 euro mark...

Back