Evangelical sex scandal

gearoidmm

I have an almost unhealthy obsession with American politics and understand that most people do not share this so I have kept quiet so far about the mid-terms but this was just too good...

The president of the 30,000,000 strong evangelical grouping in America - a long-time opponent of gay rights who is responsible for getting an amendment on the ballot banning gay marraige in Colorado has resigned due to allegations that he has been paying a 49yr old man for sex for the past 4 years.

Everyone is sooo shocked and surprised...

[broken link removed]

I have an almost unhealthy obsession with American politics and understand that most people do not share this...

Oh, so it's not just me then ?

The president of the 30,000,000 strong evangelical grouping in America .. has resigned due to allegations that he has been paying a 49yr old man for sex for the past 4 years.

.. kinda makes the stories about Mark Foley and the Congressional interns and Father Mercieca seem commonplace ? Probably not

I hope he'll fall to his knees and beg for mercy. Oh Lord, show the light to a repentant sinner!

He's now admitting that he met the guy and got a massage from him. He also admitted that he did buy methamphetamine but just out of 'curiosity' and he threw them away.

Ha

He's now admitting that he met the guy and got a massage from him. He also admitted that he did buy methamphetamine but just out of 'curiosity' and he threw them away.

Ha

gearoid,

Was he referring to the meth or the man standing above him when he mumbled 'Tina'....?

Seems you were wrong. I suspect we'll get a blow by blow account over the coming days!
I liked the detail in the report about each meeting lasting less than an hour. That's the sort of journalistic attention to detail that you have to admire.