Eurovision 2006

podgerodge

So Brian Kennedy has won the Irish contest

"The Irish viewing public chose “Every Song Is A Cry For Love” to represent the country in the Eurovision Semi-final on Thursday May 18." (RTE)

Don't really care, but is RTE confident that the viewing public of the Late Late Show is representative of the European voting public for the Eurovision? I think he'll come last.

We would have to be second then to the land of the love song Italy who had the sense to pull out of it years ago.

It was all a fix. He sang the other 2 songs badly so his would win.

The only winners are the owners of the text lines.

Anyways, Ireland are the has beens of the Eurovision.

I could have sworn I heard Jimmy McCarthy let slip that he'd published his song years ago? Except he used a phrase like "registered."

Hmmm.

But yeah -- who cares?

Does Kennedys voices not do anyone elses head in? He sounds like a bird (of the feathered variety :) )

It's all a matter of personal taste. At least he can sing, unlike those two dancing puppets we sent out there last time.

extopia said:
unlike those two dancing puppets we sent out there last time.
Podge and Rodge (not to be confused with our own podgerodge) represented Ireland last time? Wow - the competition really has gone to the dogs since [broken link removed]:
Norway entered the 1980 competition with a song written about the construction of a hydro-electric power station. Finland, not to be outdone by their Scandanavian neighbours scored nul points in the 1982 competition with a song protesting about the building of a nuclear power station.
Maybe Ireland could enter one about so called "rip-off Ireland" and the alleged house prices bubble? Eddie Hobbs could sing it for us.

extopia said:
It's all a matter of personal taste. At least he can sing, unlike those two dancing puppets we sent out there last time.

I agree he can sing still couldnt listen to him for long true its a matter of opinion

colc1 said:
Does Kennedys voices not do anyone elses head in? He sounds like a bird (of the feathered variety :) )

That is an insult to most of our feathered friends who can give us so much pleasure with their singing.
Maybe Kennedy can be compared to the corncrake or crows.

I'm just disappointed that I did not get to hear John Waters & friend's offering.

Marion

I heard some of his efforts read out by Joe Duffy on Playback on Saturday. Gas stuff...

Ok! Go on ... spill the beans. What was the content? I only read his article today, and he forgot to publish their effort.

Marion

Love is <insert metaphor here>
Repeat ad nauseum

Based on the quote above, he should have been in the final 4.

I think we should organize a boycott of RTE.

Marion

Dave Fanning played the song last night - it's fecking awful and his voice just went through me. Reminded me of the Father Ted episode.

Anyone see Podge and Rodge last night with the McColls? Hillarious stuff! Hopefully they can get Brian Kennedy on there too.

Back