European Health Insurance Card

I

INBScbagger

I have been trying to renew my European Health Insurance Card online www.ehic.ie
but I can't access the renew card option or the apply for a new card one either.I'm ok as I'm not going away for another 4 weeks but anyone going away sooner will have to queue up at your local HSE office(take time off work, pay for parking etc etc) So much for E-Government!

Thanks for the post - I didn't realise our cards had expired already.

The renewal facility is obviously new to the site and there does appear to be a problem with it. I think I'll try calling them tomorrow to see if they can get it up and running!

I renewed mine about 7/8 weeks ago on the site and there was no problem. I recieved it about 10 days later.

Yes Its working just tried it a couple of minutes ago.

Renewed the card for all my family online a month ago. I received them back within 5 working days, the only strange thing was that all 4 cards have each a different expiricy date and even one has a different year than the other

hi all,
I applied for one of these EHICs a month or so ago by post and it still hasn't been sent out to me.

Does anyone know if I go to my local health centre directly, will one be issued to me there and then ?

thanks for any replies to this question,
M.

I just renewed online, too — my own card and my wife's and kids'. I didn't have my wife's card no. on me, but figured it must be somewhere between my own (*********50) and our eldest child's (*********74), so I just kept entering the number +1 until the right address came up. Seems strange that I could have renewed any number of other people's cards without them having the faintest idea about it... (most of them seemed to be from Meath and/or Cork, by the way!) :)

muesli, since they moved to a machine-produced card (to replace the signed/stamped E111 form), I suspect you wouldn't get it the same day from your local health centre — they must be issued centrally. Why not re-apply https://www.sspcrs.ie/ehic/e111page.jsp?lang= (online)?

No, the link above gives you three options:
  • European Health Insurance Card (with spaces to enter your details)
  • Temporary Replacement Certificate
  • Renew Current Card

When I tried to apply, it gives me the following message:

"The PPS Number,Gender and Date of Birth you have entered do not exist on either the Medical Card or Drugs Payment Scheme database held by the Health Boards."

No worries, I'll give them a ring tomorrow...thanks again for the feedback..

Ah, that might explain it. We were already registered for the Drugs Payment Scheme before the EHIC came out...

same as yourself Dr M. knew my card and mrs Cu's card number. Guessed at terrible two number 1 and hit it first time. next guess for terrible two number 2 got me Clare, next one Cork but bingo on the 3rd attempt. Odd alright

Back