European car breakdown cover

emul

Can't find a best buy for this so looking for recommendations. I have quotes from AA 5 Star 9 to 17 days - €119, RAC is €85 up to 18 days.

Any others I should consider?
Any recommendations AA v's RAC?

Both seem to offer the major things, roadside assist, recovery of car and replacement.

Thanks for input

Eoin

Macnas - thanks for post - but seems only focused on UK drivers...am I missing something?

I actually been googling and found another 2 companies doing this, thought I'd share:

1. http://www.breakdowncover.ie - underwritten by Axa - €99 for Irish / UK / European roadside assist for 12 months.

2. www.hibernian.ie - 12 month policy Irl / UK / Europe for about €90-€110 this is only site which asks for car age and average annual mileage and calculates cost based on that.

The only concern that I'd have v's AA or RAC is reponse time to call / quality of sub-contractor as I assume that AXA and Hibernian staff aren't doing road-side assist nixers!!

As usual you pay your money and takes ya choices.

emul

European break down cover is included with VHI yearly travel insurance - mightn't be relevant in your case but if you are getting travel insurance as well might be a cheaper option.