Euro Sterling

E

emarty

I need to take out a personal loan to fund a masters degree in London for September. Talking about 15000euro. I have been constantly looking at the exchange rate every day and hoping that it will go up!

Can someone please tell me what 1. are the chances of the sterling weakening or euro strengthening and 2. what dictates this fluctuation?

I am wondering should i draw down the loan now and convert to sterling immediately or has anyone any opinions on taking out loans in sterling??

Cheers!

Can you investigate opening account in Northern Ireland and applying for loan there? I live in the republic and have banked with one of big 2, they have branches in NI and I was able to open account in NI

emarty
Its impossible to see as there are too many unforseen variables.

You could take a portion in stg and pay it back while working there. No currency risk.

Sterling is very week at the moment which is at least in your favour

Cheers for reply.

I may investigate the possibility of opening AIB account in NI (as Im an AIB customer-lucky them!) although my original intention was to take out the loan in euro, convert it to sterling and start from there. Hence, I was looking at the exchange rate all the time!!

If anyone has any other views or opinion I would very much appreciate it, cheers!

Back