Euro Disney

Roscommon

Thinking of going to euro disney with hubby and two children(5,2) in Feb. Has anybody got any advice on hotels? or on the park in general?

If you run the search option in this forum there are many previous threads on Eurodisney including a key post.

we stayed at Sequioa lodge in the park. I think with the young kids you would be better off doing this as you won't have far to walk. Sequioa lodge is 5 min walk from the 2 parks entrance, seems to have the bigger of the restaurants and is next to the avenue with all the restaurants
Be prepared for rain and bring a buggy for the 2yr old. lots of walking

To be honest I think your kids are too young to really enjoy Eurodisney..........not what you wanted to hear.

Hotel in Euro Disney

Thanks for all the previous posts. Yes the flights are booked so we are definately going next February. Very confused regarding hotels! I want the children to get the most out of the experience during our short stay so I would like to stay as near the park as possible. The Disneyland hotel itself is a bit on the expensive side, has anybody been to the others (New Yorker, Newport Bay, Sequoia Park, Santa fe) and which would they recommend.

We went last Easter with our 3 boys, 7,4 & 1 yr. But I did have my mother with us which was great to mind the little fellah. We stayed in Hotel Val d'ELysee which is not on the park but in the nearest small town - one stop on the train. We did this because we wanted to get away from the Mickey & co in the evenings. Booked it all seperately - flew into DCDG with Air France - much cheaper than AL and got a taxi to the hotel for around 90 euros. Check out www.disboards.com and go the forum on DLP. It's a brill site with very helpful posters. Loads of reviews on all the hotels, restaurants etc. We bough annual tickets with a family discount so we hope to go back before they run out. The annual tickets cost around the same as a 3 day ticket.
My advise is to do your research, establish what rides you want to go on, use the Fastpass queing system where available and have a ball !! Be sure to bring both kids on 'It's a small world' I am sure they will love it !
Also prebook Cafe Mickey in the village - we went there on our last night and the kids met all the characters - sure we were believing it ourselves !
Great memories. Regardless of when you go, it will seem busy and there will be queuing but when you climatise to it and you will get your bearings quickly because the park isn't that big - enjoy !!

I have gone to the Sequina Lodge...Cheyenne a bit mad. You'll never use the pool in the hotel but you’ll have a blast in the park. Bring warm jumper and light coats. Friends of ours forgot their jumpers and had to buy Mickey sweatshirts on site....expensive and embarrassing. Don't go to the horse show in the evening a rip off and fairly poor. The restaraunt with the African animals is the best for eats plus the hotel pretty good too. In the park there is a very cheap restaurant near to or beside Thunder Mountain....excellent for the kids - nugget meal, drink and desert €4.95-€5.95. Buy the photo's from Disney rides....great memories, digital camera never the same. Jealous already!!!

we stayed several times at Sante Fe. It was fine and we walked to the park as the buses were often packed and boy did they push to get on!! Nice 15 minute or so walk along the river down was much more enjoyable. Sante Fe was fairly basic but grand. Our youngest was just 19 months and she adored it! Book some character meals if you can too - adults and kids adore it and its the easiest way to meet the Gang. Been about 4/5 times now and would gladly return!:D Don't splash out too much on the hotel. You will all be so exhausted you won't take much heed of it as the parks are so much fun.

Thanks for all the help. Dining with the disney characters sounds brilliant. Can you book this when you get there or is it something that has to be booked before you go. If so how do you go about booking it? Think we are either going to book Sequoia Park or Newport Bay (similar prices). We have planned not going to tell the children until we get to CDG but I don't know if I will be able to keep it quite.

From what I remember you just book the dining with the characters there but maybe expect not to get it that day but the follwoing day.
The kids love it. Tigger, etc came over to our table and we got pictures. I think you have to pay extra to have them sit at your table but it was very expensive from what I remember. You can just book a table in teh restaurant and they will float around anyway

Been a couple of times....youngest was about 2 the first time and while he couldn't do too much he was amazed at all the lights & sights....went around with his mouth open most of the time. I found the food abit of a nightmare. Loads of fast food places....which is ok for an odd snack, but not every meal, every day. On our last day we found a "buffet" restaurant which was fantastic (well the food was average, but then thats as good as you can expect). But you could eat as much as you want and it ment the kids could try something and if they didn't like it you could get something else, and they could get some veg! They even get drinks, desert and icecream. There was another one of these buffet restaurants in the Village (on the right about half way down).

We stayed at Explorers Hotel which was only a few mins bus ride away and far cheaper than the typical Disney hotels. There was a garage across the road and we could get our fruit (couldn't get any in the park), snacks and wine!! They have a pool which our guys loved to jump into for a half hour after the park. They also have a play area so you can sit and have a drink while they play (or bring the fore mentioned wine to the room and have a glass while they slept).

Use the parent switch option on the busier rides or alternatively wait unitl later in the day to split up and you should be able to jump onto a few rides while the OH minds the kids & then swap.

Have a great time...

Just back from Euro Disney with a 4,6 and 9 year old.

Transfer from CDG to Disney hotel for 75 euro each way with isprestige.com an excellent corteous service with pristine vehicles.

Explorers hotel was perfect for our needs - 6 beds - with a better than average breakfast, a great pool but a bit cold.

3 days was more than enough with Buzz, Autopia and Its a small World the highlights excluding the deadly parade

Enjoy

I think 2 is a fine age for the Disney parks in Paris, they won't be able to go on all the rides but they will be mesmerised by the magic of the place. My dd was 2 when I took her and she still talks about it, so much so, we are going back in December!
By the way, book the Sequia over the Newport - its cheaper and a Friend of mine stayed in both and prefered the Sequia (I recommended the Sequia to her) - she says that apparently the bar is useless in the newport but she loved the layout of the area in the Sequia and that the play area was next to the bar so the kids could play while they were having a drink
You'll have a ball!

Don't stay in The Newport, we've just come back this Sunday, have been three times before and decided to go that bit more expensive with booking Newport Hotel, what a nightmare!! Our hotel rooms were at the end of four very long corridors, the reception area was like CDG airport all the time, rooms only adequate. Sequoia Lodge much better. Don't forget to take calpol, no chemist in Disney area, nearest chemist is a stop away on RER train at Val D'Europe. Resteraunts in Disney village a complete rip-off, best to just get the fast-food options available in the park.

It really depend how much you want to spend, there are great hotels nearby (not on Disney property) however it is great if you are nearby (walking distance) have been there several time and prever the Sequoia lodge, great Pool, great public bar fireplace area. Recommend that one, there are two cheaper but they are a bus ride away, and then there are more expensive, Newport, New York, and the Disney Hotel at the entrance, seems cool, its not really, and expensive. Have fun you will love it. PS book in a character breakfast and get your children a pen and a autograph book, you can have breakfast (which is delicious) and the kids will be running around after there favourite characters, it is also great photo oppertunities. Again Enjoy

Back