Euro Crash Survival

You actually don't need a parachute to go sky diving. You only need one to go sky diving TWICE

http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/doug-casey-coming-eurocrash

Interesting, if gloomy article. Buy gold & put some money under the mattress seems to be the message for the average punter with some liquid assets. I suppose for anyone with fewer assests then stockpilling tins for fruit, pasta and other non-perishables is the way to go.

Chris?

Thanks for the link, I check the Casey research website regularly but missed this one.

Very gloomy indeed but very well argued. Bottom line is that the crisis was caused by too much debt and too much spending. Today we have even more debt, growing even more rapidly, and austerity programs that result in higher, not lower, spending. Where I'm not sure I agree is on the inevitable. I think that things can still be turned around with a lot of pain, but the medicine needed is politically unpalatable; maybe he believes that what is needed will never be implemented voluntarily.

Personally I am increasing the amount of silver and gold I store physically, but I have also been toying with the idea of stockpiling cheap vodka and whiskey, by bringing some back anytime I go abroad. I'm not a fan of guns, but I am warming to the idea of owning one should things deteriorate further. Very uncertain times ahead, time to pay more attention to official denials.

Hehehe, I agree that Ireland would probably do reasonably well considering the. Ountry's history. Rather than a mad max or war zone picture in mind, I was looking at it from the point of view that Irish people do like a tipple and so do I. If there ever is a monetary collapse then I would have something to either trade or to drown my sorrows

On a serious note that's actually spot on...all you have to look at is the historical trade in Poitin!