Euro Cover?

peterwilson

Hi
Possibly a dumb question but I was trying to find out what insurance I have on my house and I see a monthly direct debit for 'Euro Cover'
Im guessing this is it but would anyone know what exactly it is?
And who its with.
I guess I can contact my bank but just if anyone might know!
Thanks
P

CCOVICH said:
Who did you take out the policy with?

Thats what Im not sure of.

Is 'Euro Cover' a specific policy offered by one company?
Or is it a type of insurance?
Or what is it?

thanks
P

peterwilson said:
Possibly a dumb question but I was trying to find out what insurance I have on my house and I see a monthly direct debit for 'Euro Cover'

Sure it is!!!. Sorry, i had to laugh at this one.. I think you got the gold medal :) Anyway, i hope you find out...

Funny alright but also worrying - somebody (a) doesn't know who their home insurance is with (and presumably never retained any of the documentation associated with the policy) and (b) doesn't know what money going out of their account is directed. Hmmm.....

I presume when you say about contacting your bank you mean contacting your mortgage lender since they should know given that they should be named as an interested party on the policy? Why not do that immediately and then get to the bottom of any unrecognised payments/direct debits/standing orders on your account as well?

I think peterwilson knows that the Euro Cover DD is his home insurance but what he was asking is who provides Euro Cover home insurance.

First Active used to provide Euro Home Cover insurance to customers taking out mortgages with them. Not sure if this is the same thing but their insurance was provided by Royal & Sun Alliance.

Hel_n said:
I think peterwilson knows that the Euro Cover DD is his home insurance but what he was asking is who provides Euro Cover home insurance.
I wouldn't be so sure:
peterwilson said:
Im guessing this is it but would anyone know what exactly it is?

Is 'Euro Cover' a specific policy offered by one company?
Or is it a type of insurance?
Or what is it?

By Peter's own admission, this is possibly a "dumb" question by the standards of the average Askaboutmoney user. But I would not be so confident that everyone knows where their home insurance documentation is and with which company. He is trying to rectify the situation and fair play to him for asking the question.

I often find that I descriptions on Visa statements bear very little relationship to the product I have bought and have to try to figure out if they are justified or not. "Euro cover" is not an adequate description and it should be "Friends First" or whatever.

Peter, did you take out your mortgage through a broker? If so, they probably organised the home insurance as well. In any event, the bank who lent you the money will have a copy of your home insurance on file.

Brendan

Back