EUphony - SMart Telecom offers.....

J

joel

Hi,
Anyone using the above service can give your feedback.

1. Smart Telecom offers Bradband for 35Euros mntly (free line rental for first X no. of customers)?
Is there any catch?
[broken link removed]

2. Euphony is offering Talk now for 10 Euros per month (first 60 min. of the each call is free ).
whats the catch.
[broken link removed]

Thanks
Joel

Well if you go with Smart you'll have to take their telephony package too. They don't cover everywhere yet but they plan to roll out service. It all sounds a bit Irish Broadband-y to me. I'd steer clear until they're established.

No apparent catches with Euphony. I'm in the process of switching over to them myself after being with Esat/BT. You might also like to look into UTV who offer free telephony for off-peak calls. You just pay for line rental and for any calls made during peak times.

I switched to Euphony in September and am happy with them.

The only (minor) complaint that I have is that you get your bill about 1 week before they take the money via DD from your account. If you have a query about the bill, you need to be quick to get back to them.

I am also thinking of changing over to Euphony, is there any catch, or is it exactly 10 euro a month for all your calls to landlines, are there any hidden extras?
Also do you pay monthly, or two monthly?
Thanks

Hi witchymand, €10 is the charge as long as no call exceeds 1 hour.

Calls to 1850 numbers aren't part of the €10 charge. Neither are calls to 11811. From reading previous threads, I understand that calls to ISP's are excluded also. I'm on broadband, so I can't confirm this though.

I don't make many international calls, so I don't know how Euphony's charges compare to other providers.

There's an option to "buy" call minutes to mobile numbers. I buy 100 minutes a month which costs an extra €17. Unfortunately, any unused minutes aren't carried forward to the next bill. Besides this, it's great!!

Wow that sounds amazing, such a saving.
I am gonna switch over then, so basically for 10euro and your 17euro for extra mobile call minutes, you can ring non stop as long as you don't exceed an hour.
So you could ring 20 calls a day and make some of them last 59 minutes if you so wish, is that right?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I am just wondering why everyone hasn't switched over to them then.

I haven't checked Euphony's website witchymand but I would imagine that these calls are for during offpeak hours only - at least that is the deal they have with their talk3000 package (pay €5 per month and get 300 calls per month - at offpeak hours - where the first 10 minutes is free).

The Talk3000 package is gone - now replaced with the TalkNow package. This allows you to call both peak & off peak - unlimited amount of calls - each for up to 1 hour in duration for landline calls (excpetions outlined by prev poster).

The mobile calls can be bought pretty much like a pay-as you go as separate add ons.

ninsaga