EUFA Not Lifting Champions League Final Suspensions - Unbelievable!!!!!!

Simulation involves more than diving.
Examples of how every team went out or Advanced is a complex and large subject and would take to much time.It would be is easier to watch the matches yourself.
That cheating changes a game and puts teams in a position that they would not be in otherwise,this would include every team that cheats.
If you are Interested in diving though ,U tube has a whole section on it,and to my utter surprise,Ronaldo does feature in it.
The tackle on Fabergas was a red card and very few people can see that,so I am not surprised with your response,but very glad that UEFA stuck by their guns

I really don't get your point so I presume you are just trolling. So you can't provide one example of Man Utd or Barcelona cheating or 'simulating' in this years competition that explains why they are in the final apart from the fact that they deserve to be there?

By the way, I never said Fletchers wasn't a red card. Harsh but could understand it. I don't support Utd so couldn't care less if he plays or not. Having said that I don't write off one teams achievements or entire sport on the basis of one or more players.

What teams do you reckon deserved to be in the final by the way?

It would be should be easier to give examples of games that they did not simulate in,but I can not find one,that's the sad thing,it distracts from the game and obvious skill of the players.Now it accepted as the norm.On the rules as they stand now the two teams that have cheated are in it.So as Man U and Barca are in the final and that's perfect.If cheating is part of your game it distracts from the whole and Man U are a team.To try and make it clearer.

A boxer is deducted points if he hits below the belt,If two equally skilful boxers meet and one keeps 'simulating' being hit below the belt and wins because of it,is he still the champion? Is it right?Does it not take away from his achievements?is he not just cheating? same goes with any sport.

OK so you don't like United we understand but your arguments are totally flawed and I think you may now realise that your argument is based on bitterness rather than fact.

I'll answer your fact(less) argument with facts.

I'll start with the 1/4 final v's Porto
1st leg 2-2.
Rooney scored from a back pass mistake by Porto defender.
Tevez scored at near post from rooney flick.
No fouls or frees in lead up to either.

2nd leg 0-1
Ronaldo picks up the ball in open play near half way line and thunders in candidate for goal of the year from 35 yards out.

Semi-Finals v's Arsenal.
1st leg 1-0
John O'Shea scores from a corner kick that is not cleared properly. (I presume you accept that cheating doesn't result in corners).

2nd leg 1-3
Ji-Sung park benefits from a defensive slip and scores opener.
Ronaldo doubles lead from 40 yards with free kick.
Ronaldo scores the third, this one came from United defending a corner and breaking away to score another excellent goal.

Van Persie scores consolation from the penalty spot.

So to re-cap all bar one of uniteds goals came from open play and no penalties were given but one was given against.

If I go back further I will find even more holes in your argument, but why bother when you don't back up any statements yourself.

Who do you support by the way?

I know almost nothing about football but I'm inclined to agree with you mick

I know almost nothing about football but I'm inclined to agree with you mick

I see your up the dubs signature.

Im a big GAA fan aswell , but simulation has also reared its ugly head in GAA. Funnily enough some of the supposed toughest players in the game love to jump around after getting grazed by an opponent . . Its like its been infected by soccer . .

I think you have missed the whole point of the argument.By the fact that the football at the time is in a position that any of these goals are scored are down to the fact that 'simulation' has been used by Man U to alter where the ball would other wise be on the pitch.Or are you saying that you have never seen any use of Simulation (cheating) in any Man u matches?

So the 'simulation' 5 mins earlier has altered the course of the match and later through this obvious cheating Ronaldo smacks one in from 35 yards and all this is down to play acting?
I have seen cheating in every sport and in every match that I have seen or been involved in. some teams are higher profile so get more scrutiny, but it is petty or naive at least to suggest that a team can cheat its way to trophies.
You never said who it is that you support?

I don't think it matters overly who he supports, be it Man U or Accrington Stanley.

Simulation/cheating/diving is prevalent in soccer and it's a bad thing for ALL. players and fans alike.

I don't think it matters overly who he supports, be it Man U or Accrington Stanley.

Simulation/cheating/diving is prevalent in soccer and it's a bad thing for ALL. players and fans alike.
Of course cheating is a bad thing, it is bad for every sport. Mick's argument is that Man Utd & Barcelona are in the final because they are the biggest cheats. It sounds like the tunnel visioned argument of an opposing fan which is why I asked the question.
He has yet to answer, maybe he is out celebrating United winning the league?

I'm not sure if thet's the way he meant it. Yes, they have the stereotypical divers, and yes they are in the final but one does not = the other.

Poor decisions, simulation to get an advantage (preventing the opposition advancing or getting a dangerous free kick), and plain old simple talent got those sides through to the final.

I'm a Liverpool supporter and gutted as I am about having come so close to the PL, have to say...C'MON BARCA !!!

Mick said the following
The link between the diving and cheating and UEFA is that it has put Man U in the final of the CL.
He said that because utd dive/cheat more than anyone else that is what put them in the final. I am a united fan and agree that Ronaldo hits the deck to easily, that said he does get a fair bit of close attention. By and large the United team would not be a team that is known for diving so i don't see where the accusation is coming from unless it is that of a disgruntled abu or something.

The signature is not just for GAA it is for all Dublin people in general.

Accrington Stanley.

Who?

I totally agree that cheating is bad for players and fans.

As for the two particular teams I feel that they might not have done so well if they hadn't spent so much time falling over.

Hardly a good example for our kids, if you pretend to fall you will get rewarded.

I don't really follow football but I really hate M.U.F.C.

You don't like Man. Utd., S.L.F. At last, we have something in common!!!!

Back to my original post.... This happened in Scotland yesterday. And look out for the cheat winking at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAX3_g5JXs

Why, oh why, won't they bring in tv replays for referees?

Lex
Shocking 'but according to the posts on this thread this will not put Rangers into the CL. This incident did not affect the match and the result that put Rangers at the top of their League,and you can not progress through the qualifiers with this tactic.Enough said.
As for balls crossing the goal line a tv replay would be a great help to the ref.
With someone being sent off and a pently being awarded ,that is a double punishment,better that the offending player stays on if the penalty is converted to a goal (with the obvious qualifiers).
I think that if you had a 5th video ref who the ref could consult in the periods where players are rolling about on the floor with mortal and life threatening injury's
or after head butts this would instantly put an end and curtail a lot of the acting,and keep the game free flowing and fair.

I'm amazed they won't have a 5th official reviewing incidents on tv.

I can't take any more of the likes of Drogba rolling around the ground in agony with a broken boot lace!