EU EFT Vs Insurance Index Fund

appd

Hi

I recently signed up with Degiro to view the EFTs available. Apparently they no longer provide access to US domiciled EFTs.

So (ignoring management fees) would I be incorrect in saying that the tax treatment of an Irish citizen is the same whether investing in an EU domiciled EFT or an index fund from Irish Life or Zurich for example .

Both would be liable for 41% on gains.

Thanks

Correct, and 41% on disposals and deemed disposals every 8 years

In the case of an index fund from an Irish insurance company, they will handle all the necessary tax calculations, returns ans payments. IN the xase of an ETF you have to do this yourself

Hi I received this email from the Standard Life Customer service:

"I can confirm the Vanguard Investment funds are available through our Synergy Regular Investment policy. The Annual Management Charge (AMC) for the Emerging Market Stock Index is 1.05%, on all our other Vanguard Funds the AMC is 0.90%.

Other than the 1% Government investment levy and the early encashment charge there are no other fees charged on this plan. There are no fees fee pausing monthly contributions.

The allocation rate on premiums up to €500.00 is 100%, premiums over €500 have a 101% allocation rate."

Does the last sentence mean that for monthly premiums of >500 euro that Standard Life are paying the government levy for customers?

Thanks

Back