EU Deposit Interest - Revenue Reporting

Am I correct in thinking that I need to submit my online return for 2023 before November 1st?
That is my understanding, otherwise you will fall foul of the part of the rule that states “The income will be subject to a higher rate of 40% tax if it is not returned on time.”

Unlike self assessment cases, where the deadline for filing Form 11 can be extended to 14th November by filing electronically, the deadline for form 12 remains the same, 31st October, whether filed electronically or on paper.

Is this just an issue with Form12? I submitted my Form11 a few days back and it appears as though EU interest was taxed at 33%. Unless it is manually changed over the next week or so, that is.

Is this just an issue with Form12? I submitted my Form11 a few days back and it appears as though EU interest was taxed at 33%. Unless it is manually changed over the next week or so, that is.
Just tried the Form 11 and for me it's 37%, 33% DIRT + PRSI. PRSI is levied on people paying via Form 11, regardless of amount being paid.

Is it possible Form 12 goes to regional tax offices which would seem a bit daft, but that might partly explain why we hear it's fixed, only to later hear someone else say it's still broken.

@Brendan Burgess would here be a way of getting media traction on this, quite an incredible story of incompetence by the States revenue commissioners.
Sure. Ring Charlie Weston in the Indo or anyone in the Irish Times.

Will Goodbody of RTE picked up on this during the summer. Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) and other Accountants had been in contact with Revenue about various issues and the expectation was that these would be fixed by 15th July. Clearly they haven't been:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/20...concerned-about-issues-with-revenues-form-11/

I'll wait and see what response I get to the request for correction I sent off this morning to MyEnquiries. As I said previously, if it's not resolved I'll go directly to the Tax Appeal Commissioners and I think I'll cc Niall Cody, the Chairman of the Board of the Revenue Commissioners. This is going on far too long and is very unfair and is bringing Revenue into disrepute. It is also penalising those who are attempting to be tax compliant by declaring their EU interest. And in all probability a lot of these errors are going undetected as there are many people who would not be bothered or capable of checking the SOL ad thus are paying more than they are liable for due to Revenue's negligence.

I emailed Niall Cody office. Received email back and phonecall from Revenue the next day. Person explained that I was wrong about my understanding of how the DIRT should be applied. I almost gave up. Eventually they changed it, thanks to help received here. Email chairmansoffice@revenue.ie

Chairman’s Office | Revenue |Blocks 8-10, Dublin Castle, Dublin 2 |01 – 8585910