Etrip tag charged prior to official opening

godthe

Received my new tag on 26th Aug and installed it.
On the 27th my wife used the westlink return and paid on each occasion
On the 29th my wife used the westlink return and paid on each occasion.
I had a look at my account this morning and the tag has been charged once for the 27th and twice for the 29th.
We both thought that the tag would not become live until after midnight on the 29th.
I rang eflow this morning and was basically told that there was nothing they could do because we should have realised that the tag would be charged.
Anyone else experience this

The tags have been in use for years now. Did she not notice the barrer opening automaticly before she paid!!!

I would sympatise with the OP. You're not necessarily looking ahead at the barrier when you are paying and it wasn't "barrier free" then - I would fight for my money back. Barrier free had not commenced. Simple.

It ain't that simple
The tags are desinged to be used on all toll roads regardless if one has gone "barrier free" or not.

OP
What company did you get your tag off?
Etrip or Eflow?, you mention both.
The tags have been in use for years now and if your wife was stopped long enough to wind down the window then the barrier would have been raised.
I don't think you have a hope of getting your money back TBH

Mik

It is an etrip tag.
Its only a few quid so I will put it down to experience.
Thanks all

Ah ok - E-trip have been around for a while all right.
The tag would have beeped when @ the toll.
Anyway it's only a few quid so as you said put it down to expierence.

My father in law has an easy pass tag as he uses the East Link a lot. Recently my mother in law was coming back from a day trip to relatives in Dundalk and Mrs Bloggs was with her. The MIL made straight for the port tunnell and, given that it was the afternoon of a weekday, Mrs Bloggs queried this as she said it would be expensive.
"Not at all" the MIL said. "Its free. I use it all the time."
When the barrier shot up at the end of the tunnell the MIL smiled triumphantly.